OAuth Scope Authorization Issue with LinkedIn Connection

Dear Makers,

I am encountering an issue when trying to establish a connection between Make and LinkedIn for an automation workflow. Despite having the Share on LinkedIn product provisioned to my LinkedIn application, and the w_member_social scope being the only one requested in Make’s configuration, I receive the following error upon attempting to authenticate:

The Error Message :
{“message”:“The request failed due to failure of a previous request.”,“code”:“SC424”,“suberrors”:[{“message”:“[unauthorized_scope_error] Scope "r_liteprofile" is not authorized for your application”,“name”:“InvalidConfigurationError”}]}

The scopes configured in my LinkedIn Developer Portal do not include r_liteprofile, and I have verified that the w_member_social scope should be sufficient for my intended use, which is to post content to LinkedIn. Here are the current scopes listed in my LinkedIn app:

openid
w_member_social
email

I have followed the standard setup process and ensured that the redirect URI matches in both Make and the LinkedIn Developer Portal. However, I am still facing this authorization issue, which seems to suggest that the r_liteprofile scope is being requested by Make.

Could you please assist me in resolving this discrepancy? Is there a way to customize the scopes that Make requests during the OAuth flow, or is there an update needed on the platform to align with the current scopes supported by LinkedIn?

I would appreciate any guidance or steps you can provide to help me successfully connect Make to LinkedIn without this scope error.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the Make community!

Could you delete your LinkedIn connection, then while setting it up again, please share screenshots of how you are setting up the LinkedIn connection. Also provide us the current redirect_uri value you have used in your LinkedIn OAuth app.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

If you are unsure of the redirect_url, it means you are using Make’s default LinkedIn connection. In which case it’s a technical issue and you should contact Make support:

For quicker assistance with bugs and technical problems, you may want to contact support directly. They respond very quickly and update you frequently on the status of their investigation.

Hope you can share the resolution with us if you manage to solve this problem!

2 Likes

Hey!!

Firstly, the connection didn’t complete. However I deleted the module and tried setting it up again but no luck. Please check the Screenshots below for better understanding & Make support hasn’t responded yet, its been 24 hours.

Redirect URL : https://www.integromat.com/oauth/cb/linkedin2

1 Like

Hey,

I am experiencing the same issue. Could you please let me know if you were able to solve it and if you could assist me?

Many thanks for considering my request.
Marcell

Hey, I was also experiencing the same issue. I found out that the missing scope ‘r_liteprofile’ is within the ‘Conversions API’ or ‘Lead Sync API’ as stipulated in this webpage - Increasing Access - LinkedIn | Microsoft Learn

So you have to go through an approval process unfortunately to use either of those API’s, once the review is complete and the product is added to your app, you will be able to create the connection.

I am now facing the issue where there is no ‘Organization’ in the dropdown however, if someone could help that would be appreciated.