On creating a new post, it updates ALL the images from previous post

Hi everyone :raised_hands:

I have been through the different topics regarding similar issues to mine but yet I did find the solution.

Let me explain,
In the scenario, I create a post on wordpress and get ann image from an unsplash module.
The wordpress module works, and creates the post with the image and the correct prompt and posting it on the website like expected…

BUT : if Article 1 get image A, when I run the scenario for Article 2, both article 1 and 2 will be created and update with image B and so on.
So the redaction, and creation of the articles work, but the featured media from the last article will be updated on all the previously written articles…

Anyone has an idea ?
Here is a caption of the scenario

Hi @LeGisTer,

Can you share the first few modules of your scenario? And, Also the Create a Media Item module settings?

Also, Can you check the filename that you are getting from Get a File? I assume that the file name is always file.extension, thus the issue you are getting as it seems to update the existing file, not sure though about this.

2 Likes

Hi @Runcorn,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the late response,

You are right,
The issue was coming from the HTTP module which would always output the files from unsplash.com, naming it “filename.jpeg”

I changed my approach and drop it on a cloud drive where I could renamed it using the scenario “execution ID” as the new File.name.

2 Likes

Hey there @LeGisTer :wave:,

Just thought I might step in and pat you on the back for the great job you did while figuring out this problem. I’m thrilled to see you were able to learn more about the product and come up with a solution! :clap:

Also thank you for stepping back into the community and sharing your solution with us. We greatly appreciate that.
Keep up the amazing work!

1 Like