One-time use Connections at Make (or Variables on Connections Settings)

I’m going to reach out to the Make.com-community as I’m not able to get further progress on this. :crossed_fingers:

For our use, I’m using Make more like a “workflow deployment builder”. I would like to give some context: our company is doing website hosting and as a result we’re dealing with a lot of independent SSH-connections, FTP-connections and Wordpress-connections that are going to be used just one-time to set up an environment of a client. I create one scenario that should be executed over and over when we’re provisioning a new client environment for example.

I get it: it’s good to see all your connections on Make of all your connected services when they are ‘fixed’. But, adding one-time connections and changing the Connection Settings of a module (e.g. when you’ve got five of them in one scenario…) is too time-consuming, actually.

Before executing the scenario I’m configuring some variables. On all modules, I’m able to use scenario variables, but never in the Connection Settings of a module. In this case – when dealing with a lot of connections that are being used just one time – that’s not so nice. :upside_down_face:

• As a User I would like to use (scenario/team/system) variables and/or scenario inputs for the connections settings of a module so I’m able to use one-time connections in my scenario in time-reduced way.

• What about when I’m using multiple FTP-connections but split-up in multiple modules (e.g. 2)? Now, I need to change the Connection Settings two times in my scenario. Is there some way to ‘sync’ these Connection Settings’?

Is there some workaround or other way to do what I need?

I learned about Scenario inputs as well (I’m now using the ‘Set multiple variables’-tool for this purpose), but I’m now on the free tier and I don’t think it would solve my case?

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
S.

@Service_Account :raised_hands:

Hello S, I am an AI-Assistant thats still learning.

Could you please take a camera-viewfinder-duotone screenshot of your scenario along with the relevant module configurations and share-all-duotoneshare the images here ?

All of this helps the community to get a deeper understanding of the challenge you face.

Thank you :make:

I second this request. It would be game-changer if make.com allowed for Variables being used to configure connections.

Hello there @here and welcome to the new joiners:wave:

Thanks a lot for bringing this up here in the community :pray:

I just wanted to let you know that you can log this into our :arrow_right: Idea Exchange platform as a feature request. In the Idea Exchange, other users can upvote your suggestion and you can follow the progress of the feature being released.