OpenAI Module Error 429: You exceeded your current quota

I’m using the OpenAI module… getting this error for the first time: [429] You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.

I am miles away from my spend limit… have only spent cents… can’t be it, yet Make support says it’s on the OpenAI side.

Anybody’s ran into this?

Do you have any credit left? If you signed up for the free trial, there is an expiry on the initial credits.

Try topping up your account with more credit.

If you need further assistance, please provide the following:

• Screenshots of your credits

• Screenshots of your spend limit

2 Likes

It’s not necessarily only due to your spending limits.

OpenAI imposes various rate limits (429’s), depending on your account and the exact AI model used.

In my work with OpenAI’s API, it’s almost always due to tokens per minute if I don’t hit it due to spending. Each model has their own limits:

With GPT4 for example, the tokens per minute (TPM) is limited to 10 000. This means, that if you send 2-3 big prompts (>3k tokens), you’ll hit it :slight_smile:

But as @samliew said, it’s easier to answer your specific issue with more details about prompt size, tokens usage, screenshots etc :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hiii Samliew,

I am facing same problem out here.
“The operation failed with an error. [429] Request too large for gpt-3.5-turbo in organization org-4nc2qvbIzR6DZxrp7vyvB6l7 on tokens per min (TPM): Limit 60000, Requested 133210. The input or output tokens must be reduced in order to run successfully.”

here is my credit, my spend limit and my prompt.

Looking forward to hear back from you !
Thanks

Welcome to the Make community!

That looks like a different error message – you are using way too many tokens for the limit. See table above.

While it’s tempting to hop onto an existing thread, a more effective approach would be to start a new topic just for your question. It helps community experts find and respond to your query quicker, and keeps our space organised for everyone. If you start a new conversation you are also more likely to get help from other users. You can refer others back to a related topic by including that link in your question. Thank you for understanding and keeping our community neat and tidy.

The “New Topic” link can be found in the top-right of the header:

Screenshot_2023-12-19_091207

3 Likes

Thanks !! just made a new post

2 Likes