Problem in a scenario (Update contact)

Hello community!

I made a scenario with the Tally tool (form) and Brevo (a CRM).

Each time a form on Tally is filled out, the contact must be taken to Brevo (in a certain list) with their email, first name and phone number.

The scenario works well but when the SMS is already associated with an existing contact, the scenario stops completely and bugs.

However, in the settings for the Brevo module I set “True” to update existing contacts.

Where could this scenario problem come from?

Hello @Barwodder nice to meet you.

From what I can see, Brevo has an Update a Contact module. You can try to use that module, and you can have a List Contacts module and a route where you check if the contact does not exist will be created and on the second route you check if the contact already exists Update the Contact. Maybe this will help.
When you create the contact you can use email as unique identifier and skip SMS field.
If this doesn’t help you please come back with more details and I will try to help you.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance.
//VLAD

2 Likes

Hi @Barwodder,

Welcome to the Make community!

You don’t have to “check” whether the contact exists first - that’s an extra unnecessary step.

All you need to do is add an error handler to your “Create a Contact” module

Then, add an “Update a Contact” module.

Optional

Both modules return a Contact ID, which you can use in a Resume directive module, if needed, to continue the scenario as if the “Create a Contact” module succeeded.

2 Likes

Incredible, thank you for this super clear answer! :innocent:

I did the scenario you presented with the error handler but the error is still present.

This is the first time I’m seeing an error did not follow the error-handler route.

Perhaps this is a bug?

Even in the Help Center article for Advanced error handling, it shows you how to handle the same specific error type “DataError”, which should go to the error-handler route.

Since this might be a bug, you may want to contact support directly. They respond very quickly and update you frequently on the status of their investigation.

Hope you can share the resolution with us if you manage to solve this problem!

3 Likes

Ok I will contact them! Thanks for the help though :slight_smile: