Problems creating a report with google docs template

Hi, I am new to using Make and I am creating a scenario where I intend to bring in data from a certain date to create a report in google docs.
I managed to bring the data, I limit it to 5 records, but instead of putting in a single report it generates 5 reports? what am I doing wrong?

thanks for your help

Welcome to the Make community!

Every result (item/record) from a search module will output a bundle. To “combine” them into a single structure, you’ll need to use an aggregator of some sort.

Aggregators are modules that accumulate multiple bundles into one single bundle. An example of a commonly-used aggregator module is the Array aggregator module.

3 Likes

Your 5 records are like 5 pieces. You have to combine them with text aggregator.

Watch this video by make.com to learn more about aggregator: https://youtu.be/m38n2pHXrOc?si=zCXxPCrLEpOwiUsl

Let me know here if you have any further questions or wanna outsource…

Happy automating :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Many thanks @Princy and @samliew

I have already started to study what are the array aggregators and iterators, however, although I extract the information with the array, when I want to empty it to google docs I get a report for each of the boundle that are generated in the array. How do I do it so that everything that is left in the array is reflected in a single google docs report? Thanks for your support

Hi @Juan_Gutierrez

Please note that the module “Create Document from a Template” works fine only for static item - hence it generates report for each bundle. I request you to go with alternative options:

1. Google Doc module “Create a Document”
  2. Microsft Word Template

MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

4 Likes

As i have suggested to use text aggregator then it will generate a string which can be used in google doc directly.

What data do you need from airtable now?? You have include that in text aggregator only.

2 Likes

Hi @Princy thanks for following my post. I already did the test with the text aggregator and I managed to get the report, however I would like to have more control over how the results are displayed to make it more aesthetic, as well as to be able to group by concepts, maybe that’s why I’m stubborn with using the formats to better locate the information.
Is there any way that according to your experience you can recommend me for what I am looking to do, using the text aggegator (the separation by concepts and a little more aesthetics?)
Look, here is the result of the test with Text Aggregator

2023-08-29 11_31_23-reporte txt aggregator - Google Docs

Can you share an example of text you are expecting?? May be that’s how i can get idea

Sure, it’s something like this (this is an airtable screen), the report is from a laundry and the idea is to be able to present the inputs and outputs of service that occurred during the day and grouped by service (laundry, dry cleaning, sewing, etc.) the totals do not interest them.

This is airtable but how google doc should look like??

Basically the structure you see in airtable is how they are asking me for the report, this is because they require to have in physical the log of the services (sounds repetitive but to the client whatever he asks for as long as he pays for it hehe :grinning:).