Quickbooks burning through operations

We are currently using make to pull line item information from quickbooks and print stickers with job information on them.

The issue I am having is that this automation triggers every time an invoice is saved.
I’d like for it to trigger when an invoice is created or updated but not as soon as someone hits the save button in QuickBooks as it is burning through our operations.

Does anyone have a recommendation for another trigger that I could use - maybe when a delivery note is printed or something else along those lines?

Lastly, does anyone have any cloud print alternative recommendations other than ezeep blue.
The print server does not trim white space from our documents and in turn, the labels are far longer than we would like and need to be cut down by hand.

Welcome to the Make community!

Looks like Quickbooks doesn’t differentiate “Updated” vs “Saved” – as it both mean the same to them - either way the item gets updated.

That’s a great idea! I’m sure others would agree that this is a nice feature to have since it would save operations! You can submit this suggestion to the Quickbooks customer support.

Perhaps you can just watch for “Created” invoices as a workaround?

All Webhook callbacks go to the same Quickbooks “New Event” webhook trigger module. To find out what events you can filter by, see Intuit Developer – Click on the link here to expand the full table:

Screenshot_2024-02-06_200214

Here are some Make integrations that contain the search “print”

Screenshot_2024-02-06_200254

Personally, I’m using PrintNode for my home printer.

2 Likes

Hey Andrew,

I am also using Make.com to integrate with QBO. I am having issues with the “New Event” module and QBO. Did you have any issues getting that set up and establishing and maintaining a connection with QBO? The error I am getting appears related to establishing a connection. I’ve tried creating a new webhook, etc.

If you had to go through it and figured it out, I’d be grateful for any insight into a resolutions.

thx and best wishes,