QuickBooks Online Invoices: Shipping & Invoice #

I have two questions regarding QuickBooks Invoices:

1. I see people trying to add shipping as a line item–is there a way to target the built-in shipping amount in QBO invoices? I’d rather do it that way. I don’t see that as an option in the “Create an Invoice” module.
  2. Is there a way to target the Invoice number in QuickBooks? I also don’t see that as an option in the “Create an Invoice” module.

Thanks for your help!

Found your questions as I am looking for the same info regarding shipping utilizing the built-in shipping amount. Have you found a solution for this?

Matt,

I didn’t find a solution to target that shipping field within QBO, which is annoying. I think I’m going to have to add it as an invoiced line item–and I haven’t QUITE found the easiest way to do that. I’ll report back here if i find anything. let me know if you find a better way.

Hi Alex,

We request you go through the API documentation of QuickBooks. They too does not provide any option to add shipping cost directly.
https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/api/accounting/all-entities/invoice#create-an-invoice

Hence, you need to add them in Item Detail. Regarding invoice number, I request you make use of the Reference column for the same.

MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

2 Likes