Resolving 400 Body Payload Validation Error with Attio CRM API PUT Request in Make.com

Goal:
I’m attempting to update records in the Attio CRM by making a PUT request through the API module on Make.com. My objective is to automate the process of updating CRM data with new opportunities from external sources, ensuring that our sales and marketing teams have the most current information available for outreach and analysis.

Issue Encountered:
When I execute the PUT request via the Make.com API module, I consistently receive a [400] Body payload validation error. Intriguingly, when I manually execute the same request using a curl command with the exact same payload, it succeeds without any issues. This discrepancy suggests there might be a difference in how the payload is formatted or sent by Make.com compared to the curl command. I have tried enclosing the payload with single quotes (') in Make.com, but the issue persists.

Steps Tried to Resolve:

1. Ensured the JSON payload is correctly formatted.
  2. Attempted wrapping the JSON body with single quotes in the Make.com module configuration.
  3. Tested the API call with a curl command to verify the payload is correct, which succeeded.
  4. Reviewed Attio CRM documentation for any specific requirements or headers that might be missing in the Make.com setup.

Questions:

• Is there a way to view the raw PUT request being sent by Make.com to identify potential discrepancies between the Make.com API call and the curl command?
  • Could there be a specific formatting or encoding requirement in Make.com that differs from standard curl commands?

Screenshot

Turns out the Attio docs were wrong, the header for content is Content-Type, not Content. Works now!

2 Likes

Heya @rodzilla welcome to the community :wave:

Thanks a lot for stepping in and sharing what did the final trick for you fo the benefit of the community. Much appreciated :pray:

1 Like