Save a contact on my Google Contacts directory only if it doesnt exists already

Hello community!

I’d like to know how to do this:

I have the information of a new client in Airtable, like this:

Then I want Make to search if this phone number is already on my Google Contacts directory. If it exists, I want it to save with the information given in Airtable (name, number and mail). If it already exists, I want Make to upload this contact with the information given in the column “mail”. It seems easy but I can’t make it work.

The steps I’ve followed are these:

I guess at some point I’m doing something wrong because I’m getting errors everywhere lol. I tried to change the filters, from “exists” to “equal to” and link the airtable phone, but still getting errors. I guess you can help me, please.

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi @therealeducao ,

What errors are you encountering? I’ve reviewed the screenshots you provided. It appears that you are using an array value in your filters, but you have applied a text operator for your condition. This should be an array operator, after which you can select the “is (not) empty” option. Nonetheless, instead of using the phone number in your filter, I would recommend checking if the contact ID is present. According to the query you established in the Google Contacts module, it should be absent when the phone number does not correspond.

However, these are merely suggestions based on the screenshots. I’m not certain they will resolve your issues. Therefore, we require more detailed information about the errors you are experiencing.

Glenn - Callinetic

2 Likes

I changed what @callinetic told me, and same happens. It still creates a new contact, although the contact already exists on my directory. It doesn’t update it. So I dont know if it’s a problem about filters, or something else.

I show you how the scenario looks like now:

I repeat what I want, just in case I didn’t explain myself correctly. I want Make to watch records in Airtable, then see if the contact of the column “phone” of Airtable is on my contacts directory. If it doesnt exists, I want it to create a new contact. If if already exists, I want to update the contact just with the information missing (for example, the email) and leave the rest of the fields, like the name for example, as they were initially.

Any solution to this please?