Search for customer in Quickbooks

Hi folks,

I’m trying to do a search in QuickBooks for a customer based on phone number (Unfortunately the search by field doesn’t have a phone search option), so I used a user defined query:

However, I’m getting the following error, wondering what’s wrong in the query?

Thank you!

Hi. Maybe you have issues with special characters “(” and “)” in your query. Try a test removing it to be sure. Probaly the field type has specific requeriments in QBO.

Thanks, Helio!
Wemakefuture
If you have questions reach out :wink:

2 Likes

It looks like the QBO query engine is not allowing the ( and ) characters around your WHERE clause. Have you tried removing them? They are not really necessary in your particular situation.

2 Likes

I was using OR not AND. I changed the query to its simplest form and still getting an error

The Mobile_FreeFormNumber field is not in the table Customer. Confirm the name of the field please.

1 Like

It should be in the table

and this is from a previous step:

Try selecting all the fields from Customer without any where clause to see what the actual field is. The array aggregator shows that the FreeFormNumber field is inside a collection called Mobile, and that is not the native name of the field in the QBO database, I don’t think.

2 Likes

So here I’m doing a field search ‘Email’ and this is the result from QB:

…and here I did a search using Skyvia

I am stumped then. That query looks identical to what you already tried and got an error. Maybe open a ticket with Make support?

2 Likes

Thank you Alex, I’ll contact support.

Do you know how long does it take them to respond…They never got back to me.

Wow, so this was Make support response.