Smartsheet to Docusign Status updating scenario - HELP!

I am trying to create a scenario that updates my docusign status in a particular sheet based on a value in a EnvelopID column. Smartsheet via the ‘get a sheet’ command passes on so much data, I can’t seem to find a food way to send that envelopeID value to docusign. Seems I need to parse through several levels of an array to return the specific value I am looking for

I do not have the level of account within smartsheet to take advantage of the docusign direct integration.

Current Steps in process:

1. Get a sheet command from Smartsheet
  2. itterator - Get Smartsheet Column Position
  3. Array aggrigator - set bundle position
  4. Set that result as a variable
  5. get rows array in another itterator
  6. try to set it to docusign.

Basically I can return the value from the correct column, but only the first columns value, I cant have it check each row on the sheet.

1 Like

I am trying to simplify the process, because I think I am over thinking it here.

But as I am doing that what i am noticing is that the itterator doesnt seem to be passing on multiple bundles to the next item

Simplified process

Output of the itterator (this is what I would expect to want to see)

input of the next module is only receiving one bundle not multiple

Hi @Gavin_Scott-Miller,

Your iterator is generating bundles but your “Get a Row” module runs only once because the DocuSign module fails.

It is hard to help because without further knowledge of the data structure within SmartSheet. I imagine the Envelope ID is stored in a column and each row may have a different value.

I suspect that you have not mapped correctly the envelope ID field on the Docusign module.

It looks like SmartSheet returns the data in two different formats:

1. an array of items, each item has details about a column for a specific row. It is the “Cells (array)” section
  2. a collection of items. “Cells (collection)”

It should be much easier to map using the collection so you don’t have to use complex array mapping formulas.

If you need more help you can book a free 15 minutes calll

2 Likes