Telegram bot: impossible to listen to telegram updates in different chats to trigger different scenarios

(This is a continuation of Using the same telegram bot in different cases)

Okay, I have made more investigations on my problem and it seems I can draw some (negative) conclusion :
I want to listen to posts in private conversation with telegram bot and also posts in a private group where the bot is set as an admin. Depending on the place (in private conversation or in group), I want to trigger a scenario or another.

1. I set a telegram watch update module as a trigger in scenario A, and I create a first telegram webhook.
  2. I test it (by sending a post in private conversation with the bot), it works perfect.
  3. in a scenario B, I set a telegram watch updates trigger. I asks me to create another webhook. I create it with another name.
  4. if I test scenario A by sending a message in private conversation with bot like in step 2, now it does not work. The scenario that have been triggered is scenario B, not scenario A.

I understand that in Make it is impossible to listen to telegram updates in different chats to trigger different scenarios. Can you confirm it ?

There is no information about that in the documentation.

It should be technically possible. I can do that with IFTTT for instance.

1 Like

No feedback on that?

Solution : create a new TG bot and a new TG connection to be able to watch updates in different scenarios. Video from Make Care : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

2 Likes

Hello there @Pamela1 :blob_wave:

I just want to say a quick thanks for stepping back in here and sharing what you learned from the support team :pray:

This is super valuable and could help others who are looking for similar info in the future :open_hands:

1 Like