Text Data to Drop Down ClickUp - Data Transform/Lookup

Hi,

We’re migrating our automations from Zapier to Make.com, internally we are new to Make, but we have got the hang of the basics and have most of our automations setup.

One thing we’re not sure on is the best practice for transforming a text value from Typeform to a Clickup dropdown or Label as they require a UUID.

In Zapier we used javascript/lookup tables to transform this data so we could select the output which would have the correct UUID, but in make we’re not sure of the right function in make.

Our example is:
Typeform Text: Business
ClickUp UUID: 837068df-1fb4-40ea-a271-Example
Typeform Text: Personal
ClickUP UUID: f1b84d9a-8717-42bd-b3d7-Example

So if the typeform entry is “Personal” we want to send the UUID to ClickUp. I am trying to find examples of a similar function in Make so we can copy and adapt, but I am not sure if I am asking the right question.

Any advice or direction would be appreciated.

Thank you

I did find this, but it doesn’t explain the data transform part from another software, so I cant quite get my head around it.

So I have found a solution, but it feels like it’s not the correct way of doing it.

I am simply using the replace function to replace the text input with the corresponding UUID for Clickup, I really don’t like this setup, but it’s working for now.

Can anyone suggest the best setup for this?

Hi Typk,

if you have a Get a Task module in your scenario, you can find all accessible custom fields’ data under Custom Fields (original) so you don’t waste time/operations with the List all Custom Fields module. So you can use the get(map() formula from it.
Or you can use a Switch module instead of the replace() formula because it’s much easier to manage and add/remove values.

Here is a formula to dynamically map it:

{{get(map(get(map(1.custom_fields_original; “type_config.options”; “id”; "[YOUR CUSTOM FIELD ID]); 1); “id”; “name”; [YOUR TEXT INPUT]); 1)}}

Replace the number in 1.custom_fields_original with the number of the Get a Task module in your scenario, copy and paste the custom field ID and map the text value of the field from the incoming module and it should work OK.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice.

I have multiple custom custom fields that have up to 6 possible values for dropdowns, from what I can see the switch module just supports one custom field? I’ll take a look though.

It’s the reason i have used the set multiple variables because I can do it all in one module even if it’s quite difficult to manage.

Yes, you will need to do one switch module per drop down field.

If you are using the replace() formula to save on operations, you don’t need to do it in a Set Multiple Variables module, you can put it directly in the custom field in the ClickUp module.

2 Likes