Text Parser configuration not working

I want to setup a scenario that sends data from Ticket Tailor to specified groups in Sender.

I have tried to set it up with the use of filters and a router that connects to 4 sender modules that contain each group. I manually tested the automated and i got a prompt that it was successful, however data was not sent to any Sender group and it is also stated in make that the data transmitted is 0.

I consulted bard and it suggested that what could have gone wrong was that my data fields was not consistent across the form fields in TT, the mapped data in Make and the group field in Sender.

I then made the form fields in TT and Sender consistent - First name, last name, Phone number.

In the mapping section, because the main subject in the TT form is name, even when it is specified with commas that the person would have to input First name and Last name, I can only find name in the mapping section and remeber we have to make these fields consitent with the field on Sender so i tried to do Text parsing.

I selected Match patterns -Advanced and selected the relevant options however, and i pasted this ((\w+),(\w+) ) in the place of pattern and chose Name in the place of text.

I went to Sender mapping section to choose first name and last name as data to be sent to Sender, but could only find Name and value as the Text parsed value. What do you think I am doing wrong please?. I require urgent help and couldnt reach any active customer support. Thank you.

Welcome to the Make community!

You don’t need the advanced module for a simple pattern. Switch to the Text Parser “Match Pattern” module.

You forgot to provide examples of what you are matching, so there is no way we can tell if this is the right regex for your use-case.

If you need further assistance, please provide the following:

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

2. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, Output bundles

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted output bundle in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

blueprint.json (18.9 KB)

does this provide more details

You forgot to provide examples of what you are matching, so there is no way we can tell if this is the right regex for your use-case.

i do not understand this please. Iwas trying to split name to be FIRST NAME and LAST NAME

Simply give examples of full names, and how you want to split them into first name, and last name.

E.g.

What if the full name is: “One Two Three Four”? How would you know which is the first name and which are the last name? How would you like to split it then?

In some places, “One” would be the last name, and in others “Four” might be the last name, and in some places “Two” would be the last name.

What is there is no last name?

What if there are special characters in the name?

2 Likes

Hi, I am running the text parsing again, but it is still not working. let me share screenshot.

Here is what i want to do, i want to split the NAME field into First name and Last name.

I am trying to use Text parsing but i do not know how to using it for this purpose. I chose the Match pattern.

How do i do this?

Welcome to the Make community!

Please provide the output bundles of the trigger modules [1] (Ticket Tailor) by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted output bundle in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

2 Likes