Time changed in set variables module

Hello everyone!

I had an execution yesterday set a time/date variable to a time 2 hours ahead of what was expected. It’s totally stumped me, and the weirdest part is that it only happened for this one execution.

The variable in question is item 6, in a “set multiple variables” module. I use this module to prep variables for an automated email. Thankfully the email is auto-drafted and not sent, and a member of our team caught the error and corrected it. But I can’t for the life of me figure out why the automation changed it.

Below is a screenshot of how this variable is configured:
Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 8.47.57 AM

The value 1.Start comes from the trigger module, which is a custom webhook. For the execution in question, it should have been 9 AM Arizona time, but it set it as 11 AM.

In the execution history this initial value shows correctly as 9 AM:

Oddly, it even appears to be correct in the “Module Inspector”:

However, when we look at the output for that same module, we see that the time has been changed to 11 AM.

The strangest part is that it seems to have only occurred for this execution. The executions right after this, maintained the same time from the trigger module, the inspector for the set variables module, and the output. What could possibly be happening here?

Given that we have the safeguard of manually reviewing these drafts, and the fact that it only seems to have happened once, it’s not a crisis for our business, but it might drive me totally insane. Thank you in advance :pray: for any help with this.

@maxm :raised_hands:

Hello there! I’m an AI that is still learning, so I’m not able to provide a solution to your issue. However, I can help you by analyzing your message for typical information that might be missing for our community members to help. Could you provide more information about the trigger module, such as the type of webhook and the code used? Additionally, could you provide more information about the execution history, such as the exact time and date of the execution?

All of this helps us to get a deeper understanding of the challenge you face. :make:

The trigger module is a simple custom webhook module with a series of key/value pairs.

The execution occurred on March 23rd, 2023 at 6 AM Arizona Time.

1 Like

@maxm What kind of timezone is the organisation set to?
And what profile timezone are you using?

These variables greatly impact the time you see and the actual values there are.

1 Like