Trigger webhook on specific data

Hello, as you can see in my attached video, the webhook I’m calling is very resource-intensive, but I only need a few pieces of data at the end of the process. I applied a filter, but still, I feel like I’m wasting operations.

Is it possible to trigger the webhook only under certain conditions?

In my case, I need the scenario to trigger only when these data are modified:

• payload.cells.informations.job_title.value
  • payload.cells.informations.job_start_date.value
  • payload.cells.informations.job_end_date.value
  • payload.cells.informations.job_address.value

video-convert-1701770219373

Hi @Garry_V

Please send the screenshot of filter. it should be set for event type.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

@Msquare_Automation
I already filtered as I want, but as my webhook consumes too much, do you think I can adjust webhook trigger itself?

@Garry_V

These filter will always pass whether these values change or not but exist. Hence, check in Webhook output if update field is there or not. Also check for the Webhook integration. You can also upload json output of Webhook here.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

1 Like

Thank you @Msquare_Automation here the output below. Tell me you think that we can trigger only data I want before starting operations.
Thank you for your help.

output.json (23.4 KB)

One of my webhook scenario burns about 500 ops/hour. If you have any ideas to cut a part of them off, it would be very helpful :slight_smile:

Unfortunately you can not. You would always need some kind of “processing trigger” which checks your data and see if this is something that needs some kind of action. In the case you are running a lot of these checks you will indeed have a high operations usage.
In that case using something like AWS lambda or a self hosted N8N instance might be more fitting your use case as a checker. Then from that system you can send it over to Make

2 Likes

Thank you very much. All of this seems a bit too technical for me; I’ll do without it. On Zapier, this webhook was much less resource-intensive in operations.