Trying to understand why I'm receiving multiple bundles with Google Search Row module

Hello!

I have a google sheet with a table that looks like this:

I’m using the Google Sheet Search Row (Advanced) module with this query:

select B,C,D where E = “Income”

My table has a range of B3:D8 (with row 3 being headers). Col. E is a hidden column with the value that we are using in the Google query.

In my example, it should return 5 rows - and I"m getting 5 operations with a full bundle in each:

The output of each of the 5 operations is identical, and contains all 5 rows.
bundle.json (659 Bytes)

I’m trying to understand why I’m getting 5 sets of bundles (all identical). I really only need the data from ‘Operation 1’. Is there something I’m missing in my module setup?

Or is there a better Google Sheets module (or combination of modules) to use for this?

Thanks!

Hi @Brian-HFLA ,

What’s the content of the E column?

PBI

1 Like

Column E either has INCOME or EXPENSE listed. The intent here is just to get row data where E=INCOME

I think that there is a difference between “INCOME” and “Income”, maybe that’s the origin of your problem.

1 Like

I verified that the data in my google sheet is “Income” and the search term in the query is also “Income”

That’s really surprising. Could you display the content of your Google Sheets file.

I made a test, here is my file:
and here is the request with its result:

2 Likes

So trying to search through B4:D8, returning values where E = Income

Weird that you are getting different results.

Your request returns all the rows verifying the predicate “E = Income”, so the result is correct.
It seems that you need to precise your request a little bit more.

2 Likes

I guess what I’m trying to understand here is why are their 5 OPERATIONS with the same data in each bundle when I run the search:

Hi @Brian-HFLA

Are you iterating somewhere in the scenario?

You are getting 5 operations with same results because the previous module generating five output bundles. Hence, further modules will also generate 5 output bundles.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

1 Like

Thank you for your message – I had a GET RANGE module running first, which was generating 5 sets of bundles, forcing the rest of the modules to do the same. Once I removed that, everything worked as expected! thank you.

2 Likes

Glad to know that I could help you @Brian-HFLA