Turning text form answers into Numeric value

So I want to filter my bookings. Basically if my lead signs up and writes that they make less than 2500/month, I want to send them an email saying the booking is canceled because they do not qualify for my services. My scenario looks like this:

1. Calendly Booked Call
  2. Send Gmail to non-qualified lead
  3. Store info in google sheets.

Very simple but I cannot get from Module 1 to 2 because I can’t get the correct filter.

Maybe it’s because the filter is set to “Numeric Value is Less than or equal to: 2500” when I’m receiving technically a “text” answer? I even tried changing my form question on Calendly to a drop down option but I couldn’t seem to get it working.

Below I will attach screenshots of my Scenario, Filter and Information received from Calendly.

If anyone knows how I can fix this, it would be very much appreciated!

filter

I’ve updated my scenario to the following screenshot:

I have also changed my calendly question to a dropdown option where there are 4 options:
image_2024-01-31_123006737

Here are my new filters:

Less than $2500 -

More than $2500

more than 2500

Now the main issue is that no matter the answer the user chooses, it always goes through the “more than 2500” filter.

Any suggestions?

Hey @Clixo could you please share the output of the Calendly?

2 Likes

Absolutely:

Well your filter criteria will never work because you’re referring to the 0th index and in make indices start with 1.

This filter will work:

{{1.Questions And Answers[1].Answer}}

Just copy and paste this into the filter.

Just remember that if you change the position of the answer on your calendly you’ll need to alter the index value.

You can also use the map() function to extract the value out of the array by searching on the name of the question. This way as long as you don’t change the question text you can put the order anywhere you want on the calendly and the position of the form won’t matter:

{{map(1.Questions And Answers; "Answer"; "Question"; "What is your monthly revenue? Example: 5500")}}

Here’s the blue print you can use to mess around with both filters.

blueprint (21).json (5.0 KB)

Alex you absolute ANIMAL!

Thank you so much. That simple switch from “0” to “1” made it work.

I guess I missed the “make indices start with 1.”

ROAR!

:lion:

Don’t forget my warning about moving positions on the form. If the form changes the index will change. I prefer the map() approach better which depends on the question itself and doesn’t care about the position in the index.

3 Likes