URL previews on LinkedIn

Hi
If I paste a link on a new LinkedIn post, it creates an embed view with a preview of the link.
However, when I post a link via MAKE (Create a Text module), there is no embed preview, even if the link is a previous LinekdIn post which I want to repost (not outside links, which LinkedIn doesn’t like). The link I’m pushing comes from a URL field in Airtable.

1. Is there any way I can set LinkedIn to show me a preview of the link I’m posting via MAKE
  2. Is there a way to repost past LinkedIn posts via Integromat differen to the above method, ie new post of the past post URL?

Thanks!

1 Like

Here is the solution.

Please try executing the module without mentioning the Title and Description. Also, ensure that you don’t mention any URL in the Content field. Like this;

2 Likes

Legend!
It works. Awesome, thanks!

Oddly enough, when the MAKE scenario is run manually, it posts fine… however, when I left it on schedule, it didn’t post the preview.
Any thoughts?
Cheers

I used to have your solution in one scenario but I think something about the linkedin module changed in the last few day. As you can see from the screenshot there’s only one kind of “Type” (I always used article with no issues) but most importantly “Title” is now mandatory.

So my posts are always with no preview (can’t submit the module without a Title) - any idea?

1 Like

Same issue here. Any suggestions?

Same issue here, cant use the linkedin “Create a Text Post” since it wont post URL preview (OG Image).

@Growwstacks.com solution used to work well but as @trugoyo mentionned the “Title” field is now mandatory:

@sergio.cunha and @BigMaker

I spoke to the support team at make who referred me back to linkedin and said that it was their problem. Probably this is not entirely true since I found a workaround using a third-party service (that is working with linkedin with no issues :man_shrugging:)

I created a free Buffer.com account, which posts perfectly on linkedin with the preview, and used a Buffer module in my scenario, removing the linkedin ‘create a text post’ one.

This is what I am using, I just tested it and everything was fine:

It’s not the most elegant thing, but it works! :rocket:

2 Likes

@trugoyo thanks for providing a workaround! I felt dirty implementing it, but it works like a charm!

Hopefully make.com will act and fix this.

3 Likes

Same issue, please someone from Make Team, have a look into this!

According to the new Linkedin API, we now need to upload the thumbnail image first, before post an article with that thumbnail image previously uploaded.

Had report to the make as bug 630485 on June 30 but have not resolved or hear any response yet.

Hi,
Thanks for this alternative, which works perfectly!
Do you know the limits of a free plan? It says 30 posts on the Buffer site, but I’m already at 40 and it still works…

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know, I have often used that website in the past and they are very friendly maybe they leave you a few extra posts but I don’t know how many you can use :man_shrugging:

Hello,

Is there any preview mode before sending the post to linkedin and tuto ?

Best regards