Using 13x more operations than preferred

Good day,

I need urgent assistance with the amount of operations being consumed with my scenarios.

My use case is the following:

We run a online store that sells home improvement products but we do not stock all the items we sell, so we request that the suppliers send us weekly stock updates in an excel format.

The excel sheet would typically look like this :

[image]

As you can see from the above screenshot, there is an item code column, then a Item Description column, a Barcode column and a on hand column with a price column next to it.

The only data I am using here is the code and on hand column. As this is what I need to use to update the stock in my woocommerce store.

So the format of this spreadsheet is .xlsx as this is the format we receive it in from our suppliers…

I then have the following scenario setup :

[image]

I had to then build a second scenario as the original one takes too long to complete the processing due to there being 3000 rows on the sheet, this then triggers the 40min timeout execution error and my scenario stops.

So here is the second scenario that links into the data store:

[image]

As you can see each module uses 1 operation, in total 13 operations since start to the time a single product is updated. So if my supplier’s file has 3000 rows, we will use 39000 operations to run this single file and update only this supplier’s stock on hand.

The problem is, this needs to be done on a weekly basis, so 4x p/m. = 156 000 operations for this supplier only.

Then this is one of 6 suppliers sending stock sheets, whereas other suppliers have even more rows.

Essentially meaning that

Supplier 1 : 160 000 operations p/m

Supplier 2 : 104 000 operations p/m

Supplier 3 : 1 092 000 operations p/m etc.

So I have to have a plan that processes over 2 000 000 operations p/m which will cost me thousands.

I am hoping you can see a way I can optimize these scenarios…

Welcome to the Make community!

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

2. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, Output bundles

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario (or get from the scenario History tab), then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading it here will look like this:

bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted output bundle in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

samliew – request private consultation

2 Likes