Watch Google Sheets not triggering on automated updates

Hi All,

I have set up a couple of scenarios to create new rows or update existing rows in a google sheet (contacts database) using info from Monday.com.

The 1st scenario works well, searching the sheet for a contact that already exists and then updating the row and if it cannot find one it creates a new row and adds in the data.

My 2nd scenario watches the google sheet for changes and creates/ updates a contact in Google Contacts. However, the scenario only triggers if I manually change some data in the google sheet - it doesn’t recognise any new rows or updates made by the 1st scenario.

Have I missed something that enables the 2nd scenario to watch for changes made by an automation?

Hi. I suggest you change this module by the search row. And create an column to stored or flag the row that was processed.

If you need additional support, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Cheers
//HFBR

Hi HFBR,

Thanks for your reply. Could you provide a little more detail on how I could flag the row that was processed? I assume in doing this and using the ‘search row’ module i would still need to make a change manually within google sheets for the trigger to activate?

Thanks,

To flag it, create a column in the spreadsheet and at the final of the flow, update this column as a value like “done” or something else. This way you can filter in the search only rows that not contains this value.

If you need additional support, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Cheers
//HFBR