πŸ“© Webhooks x Mailhooks: Is the behavior consistent?

Preamble:

So while I am very familiar with the ins and outs of :make:make webhooks as I use them extensively to modularize my scenarios and to create automation dashboards for my clients and colleagues.

I Do Not use :make:make mailhooks often enough to know their quirks.

:goal_net: The Goal:

• Create a Mailhook, that IS NOT integrated with a mail provider as a forwarding address.
  • This mailhook would be saved as a contact by my business partner to send files to.
  • These are then processed by a master sorting scenario, using variables set in the email body.
    • To determine which data processing scenario the email should be passed onto.

:warning: My Observation:

I sent a test email about 30 minutes before finishing my scenario, like I always do with my webhooks. (build up a trigger pool for later test use while building: a quirk of my process :stuck_out_tongue: )

After setting up the mailhook, the test email DID NOT end up in the request queue like it would with a webhook.

But the tests I sent while the scenario was running DID end up in the queue

:question: The Question:

Does anyone in the community have enough experience with mailhooks to definitively let me know?

whether or not :make:make mailhooks wait in the queue? If not, was what I experienced just a fluke?

And would appreciate any extra information or quirks that are present in mailhooks that make their behavior inconsistent with how webhooks operate that has not been covered in the documentation here Make Help Center / webhooks / mailhooks.

Just so that I don’t trip up by making bad assumptions building these next 20+/- scenarios.

Thanks Y’all!

:information_source:

I use bold and caps to balance out my struggle to keep things concise and readable.

This has the added benefit:
that it draws the eyes to the most important pieces so that you can just skim and get the gist.

No aggression or shouty vibes are intended.

:raised_hands: Thank you for understanding! :raised_hands:

2 Likes