If you read this you probably think about outsourcing your work or you are stuck and need help from a pro.
Well, where to find, who to choose, and what’s important?
There are several platforms like Upwork, Fiverr, CodeMap, and Makerpad where you can find pros. Well some of them just started and are not official partners and most of them are solopreneurs. It is great to have a skilled freelancer at your service and work with him.
So here are our tips and tricks what to negotiate with freelancers:
- How many hours do you assume for this task?
- What happens if you go over your estimation? Will the hourly rate just apply or will you do a discount, can we cancel if you can’t make it?
- Do you do fixed-priced projects or work?
- How long do you plan to maintain our solution, and what are your goals? (nothing worse than a freelancer that is gone after the project is done)
- How do you process the data and do you resell this?
Well, this should cover the initial process and first call.
Well, we just covered freelancers, how about agencies and when to choose a freelancer and when to choose an agency. Agencies are mostly companies with more than 3 people full-time. Why do we not take two-wo/man-companies into account? It is too tiny and things break, change and stop in life - 3 people is a good definition for an agency.
So if want to choose an agency - there are these three reasons we always hear from our clients. Liability, Skill, and Support. What does this mean?
- A freelancer can be liable of course but an organization by its economical definition is there to last longer and has more strength in the long run than one person.
- Support, agencies can support things that have been built in the past. For example, we just got a client that was a freelancer and now outgrows his capacity and things break - we need at least 2.5 people to support him. We are working closely with the freelancer to get the client back up again. If you start building your business on Make you got to ask yourself, will I outgrow one full-time equivalent person? If yes - this is a clear agency case.
You might not agree with me on some things - and I might be wrong, I have been a freelancer and I liked it - it was the best time of my life. I am now running one of the biggest automation agencies in the world and can tell you it is a pleasure to scale businesses. I could have never done this as a freelancer.
With Make you have the potential to become the next FINN or UPMIN - you can run your beer production on it as Heineken or become the next Adidas. You can start small with freelancers or go big with agencies - there are many skilled people and you can find them here:
Cheers Seb #wemakefuture