Why I am getting "exceeds grid limits" In Google Sheets module?

I am trying to fetch data from the google sheet. I am getting this Error:

“400: INVALID_ARGUMENT - Range (combined_data!A26:AX27) exceeds grid limits. Max rows: 25, max columns: 50”

How to increase the limit?

Does your Google Sheet sheet actually have the cells A26-AX27?

Could you share the Google Sheet, and the blueprint of the scenario?

Please share screenshots of the module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to replicate the issue. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

I am having the same issue - I filtering the googlesheet before it happened ( I wonder if this caused a problem?)

Same issue here:

400: INVALID_ARGUMENT - Range (‘Filename’!A302:AT1202) exceeds grid limits. Max rows: 50, max columns: 49

and I don’t even have those cells in my file.
Any idea?

Hello @johnbk @Phra,

Welcome to the Make community!

Could you share your Google Sheet, and the blueprint of your scenario? It will help us investigate how you are referencing your sheet in the modules to see if it’s actually a simple mistake.

Please share screenshots of the module fields? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to replicate the issue. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

Please provide the input/output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the contents as a bundle.json file, and upload it here into this discussion thread:

Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have the same issue
blueprint (2).json (35.5 KB)

Hi @Epameinondas & @Phra, have you found your solution yet? Maybe adding more rows at the end of the sheets or add additional empty cell/column to the current sheet you are working on. Then it should work.
google sheets add rows
I found another ongoing discussion on StackOverflow related to this topic: Human verification - Stack Overflow
Please refresh your Google Sheets connection on Make after making this change.

2 Likes

One thing I noticed was that this error occurred when I copied similar modules from another script. I completely made the module from scratch without copying and the error disappeared. Although the data is the same as in the copy.