Writing to Notions multi-select on a table

Anyone have any ideas about how I could enter multiple tags to a Notion database? Currently when writing my tags to Notions Multi-select column it returns:

I’m pretty much taking a string of text “Item1, Item2, Item3, Item4” and want those items to be inputted into a Notion table as individual tags but I can’t seem to find the best approach to do so since notion does not allow multiple entries by commas. Removing the commas only enters the 4 items as 1 long item.

It’s a tough one.

My whole flow, takes an email, parses the HTML to text. Runs the Text through ChatGPT, that then summarizes and gives the email keywords as “Item1, Item2, Item3, Item4” and then writes to a notion table and saves the email to the page. I have everything all figured out in Notion except writing the keywords to the multi-select column.

Hi @WilliamO, try to use this formula in your Notion multi-select property in the Make module:

split({{mapYourStringWithCommas}};,)

Since the Notion multi-select property is an array, this split function creates an array from your comma-separated text string, with each value being a separate value.
Let us know how it goes.

3 Likes

Amazing! Worked perfectly. Thank you Simo!!! I’m the coolest guy in the office now.

2 Likes