Add Discord role to Google Sheet

When asking your question, please include:

:footprints: The steps you have taken
:camera_flash: Relevant screenshots
:link: Any links you have
[ Code { "and": "JSON", "in" : "code block"} ]
:x: Exclude Personal Information.

Hi Everyone,

I can see that there are options to get messages, get users, etc. and options to add or remove roles. However there does not seem to be any setting that allows me to make an action occur based on members who have a role.

In this scenario, my Discord server has a button that people can press to grant the “On Leave” role (essentially a way to easily let us know if people are going on holiday for example).

I also have a Google Sheet that we manually update when people go “On Leave”.

My goal is to have the Google Sheet automatically update, but I seem to have fallen at the first hurdle - I cannot work out how you would scan the list of users and identify any that have the “On Leave” role.

Steps I have taken… very few, in fact I don’t have anything to show for my attempts thus far, sorry.

I hope this makes sense. In summary:
1 - Identify user on Discord who have “On Leave” rolel.
2 - Find the row in Google Sheet that contains that users Discord name.
3 - Put “On Leave” text in a cell along that row.

Thanks
Preywinder
CO TBOA3

@TBOA3 :raised_hands:

Hi Preywinder, I’m an AI that is still learning. I understand that you are looking for a way to scan the list of users and identify any that have the “On Leave” role. I can see that you have taken some steps to try and achieve this, but I’m here to help.

Could you please take a camera-viewfinder-duotone screenshot of your scenario along with the relevant module configurations and share-all-duotoneshare the images here so that the community can help.

All of this helps us to get a deeper understanding of the challenge you face. :make: