AirTable cannot find record with Webhook!

Hello,

I am using a webhook to fetch a recordid from AirTable but it is producing a [404] NOT_FOUND error message and I cannot work out why. It’s driving me MAD.

Please see video of the issue here and screen shots below: Content Blog with Webflow and OpenAI GPT: Content themes & shows - Airtable

The script is seemingly working correctly in testing but is not pulling through to AirTable on Make.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thank you,
James

Welcome to the Make community!

Your Record ID is undefined because your input variable is recordId, but your Airtable input is recordid

Screenshot_2023-12-18_201254

Screenshot_2023-12-18_201246

Variables raw names are case-sensitive.

If you still need further assistance,

Please provide the output bundles of the Custom Webhook module by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.json file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello,

That’s a great spot but sadly it has not resolved the issue for me.

This is the output bundle from the webhook as requested

[
{
“recordId”: “undefined”
}
]

For your confirmation please see the input on Airtable here

I have no idea how to make a bundle.json file - I’ve just searching online, but can’t find anything that clearly shows it. It always saves and plain text and then Make won’t let me upload it. So Sorry - but hopefully that’s the info you need!

Thank you so much!

James

In your Airtable script, looks like you need to use this instead

const [ recordId ] = input.config();

2 Likes

Hi, unfortunately that’s not working.

Here’s the result from doing that.

Weird, that was almost directly from their documentation:

Screenshot_2023-12-18_221234

Perhaps let’s follow the example exactly:

let inputConfig = input.config();
const response = await fetch(`${webhookUrl}?recordId=${inputConfig['recordId']}`)

Heya,

Thanks and sorry for having to ask but what should I cut out and paste in?

I’m not a developer sadly,

The Make setup I am using is from a package bought off GumRoad. It’s just this step that I cannot get to work.

Thanks,
James

that replaces lines 3-5 (your 4 is currently an empty line)

Sadly the exact same issue.

I have double checked the webhook is correct in airtable & make.

Any chance we can jump on a video call or something to solve this live? It’s driving me nuts.

Thanks

This worked for me. I created a formula field to extract the record id with Record_ID() and used that field instead of the record ID field and now it is output in the webhook in the Make scenario:

3 Likes

As it turns out, it was a fluke. @ScottWorld had the real solution; it’s an Airtable bug. Until you turn the automation on it won’t send the recordID. I also had to use the script he suggested:

let config = input.config();
let url = [webhook url goes here]?RecordID=${config.recordid};
fetch(url);

Link to @ScottWorld full explanation of the script here:

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for this - somehow I got my working (complete fluke!) but this is awesome and I really appreciate it!

James

2 Likes

probably when you turned your AT automation script “on”, I would imagine? That was the crux, in test mode, I won’t send the record id, only when it is on. I am happy you also got it to work

2 Likes