Undefined Value in Webhook

Hi,

I am setting up a webhook triggered by an event in Airtable. However, I can’s seem to pass the Airtable “recordid” to the webhook. It inputs fine in Airtable, but “recordid” in the bundle in the webhook in Make is “undefined”. I am running a scenario to “Get Airtable Record” as the step after the webhook and want to pick up the record that triggered the webhook and thus need the recordid to be passed to Make. This is the automation script I used:

This is the result in the webhook:

I have used "Search records before, but it takes time for it to search trough 1000s of records.

Thank you for any help that you can give.

/Christopher

This issue sounds familiar… we are still unsure how to solve it:

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, yes, very much the same issue, perhaps @ScottWorld who I know is very knowledgeable and helpful has some ideas?

Here is the script you can use:

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply and for joining the discussion. I did try this script, as I found this thread in my search to find a solution. However it still gives me an output of “undefined” as opposed to the record ID.

Did you set the left margin inputs correctly in your Airtable automation?

Check out the screenshots I posted.

2 Likes

yes, it was set to “recordid”

I fixed it!! I created a formula field to extract the record id with Record_ID() and used that field instead and now it is output in the webhook in the Make scenario:

2 Likes

Heya there @Christopher_Lembke :wave:

just wanted to jump in and congratulate you for the great job you did while figuring out this problem with the assistance of @samliew and @ScottWorld.

Thanks a lot for coming back here with your solution. We appreciate you keeping the community healthy and neat.

Keep up the good work! :sunflower:

2 Likes

It probably wasn’t the creation of the formula that fixed it. Airtable mistakenly triggers the Make webhook with no value at all while you are still writing the JavaScript, but if you simply run the Airtable automation after the first mistaken empty run, it will send the RecordID to Make. This is a bug in Airtable.

I ran a test with another one that was active, same set up with the webhook. Still “undefined”, but when I use the script you suggested it worked, with both the system Id and the extracted one.