Avoid Notion duplicates

Hi,

I have set up an automation to create a notion item in a database for each event scheduled on my Google Calendar.

I am using the Google Calendar “Search Event”, and the Notion “Create a Notion Database Item” modules.

The issue is, whenever I run the automation it will create new items in Notion even if they already exist from previous runs.

Any idea on how can I add a filter to only create an Item if it does not exist in the Notion Database?

I might have multiple items with the same name, but starting times are never the same.

Hi,
It sounds like you could add a Notion “Search Objects” module after your Google Calendar trigger. Then, add a filter between the “Search Objects” and “Create a database item” for <page id> does not exist

3 Likes

I also thought about having the “Search Objects” in the middle, I guess I’m on the right direction.
I couldn’t figure out what to configure as the filter
I think that page IDs are unique regardless to the title.

I got the help the support team. Great support experience so far!

Their suggesstion worked perfectly:

I checked the scenario you have and it seems that the Search Objects module of Notion is what you need 

You can set up a condition and check if the Database Item with the Meeting name from the Google Calendar module already exists:

I assume that you can add a filter right after the Search Objects module and proceed only if the Total number of returned bundles is equal to 0 (that means that no Database Items were found) so then you can create a new Database Item

I also added the start date as a filter.

3 Likes

Heya @OhadZamir welcome to the Make Community :wave:

I just wanted to say thanks for stepping back in here and sharing the solution you received from our wonderful support team. This could be super helpful to many others looking for similar information in the future. :pray: