Notion Search Objects Issue

My goal is to search Notion Database for a specific Select Value to filter for specific database item emails → match emails to attendees in Google Calendar events → create a list of those event IDs in a google sheet → count the number of rows (# of events) for a specific email → update a notion value in the same database to match that count

I cannot get the Search Objects function to return more than a value of “1” when I hit run even when I filter by Select and use “contains” or “does not contain” to filter.

Is there an easier way to do this flow? What might I be doing wrong?

Could you share a screenshot of how the Notion Search Objects module is setup, please?

And what do you mean by “a value of 1”? Is it 1 operation, or 1 bundle within 1 operation? (reference on operations vs. bundles here).

1 Like

A white 1 pops up above the Notion Search Objects step. I am assuming that means it is 1 bundle? normally, with other functions, if there are multiple objects to be searched based on criteria, this number is above 1. I expect almost 20 objects to be found in the search in this step.

Thank you for sharing. The 1 that pops up is an Operation. When you click on it, you will likely find multiple bundles, each one representing a Notion page that was found based on your search criteria.

That’s expected behavior, and once the scenario continues on the following modules, each bundle will be processed separately, so you won’t miss data.

Let us know how things proceed and if we can be of help any further

1 Like

Got it, thankyou. Is there a more streamlined way of doing this based on my description and screenshot in the first post? OR do I have it set up optimally for the most part?

It looks good to me - one possible obstacle you may encounter is that not all the attendees of a meeting are found by the automation. Because you are only “searching events”, and I know that each event contains an array of “attendees”.
I don’t know exactly how your Google Calendar module is setup, so that may not be applicable to your use case.

1 Like

Hi @Mike_Scharf :wave:

Did you find time to check out @Simo’s suggestions?

If it did the trick or if you found some other way to solve your issue, could you share it and mark it as a solution for other users who might be struggling with the same issues?

Thanks a lot!