Compress Dropbox folder into Zip file and Upload said Zip file to Google Drive

I have three operations, one lists all file and folders in Dropbox, the next compresses said files and folders into a zip file, and the last one uploads said zip file to Google Drive. However under the Archive operation, there is no Dropbox data option, and thus no way to compress the contents of the actual files if that makes sense.

How do I achieve this? Thank you!

Hi,

you’ll need to use the Download a file module in between. The Create an archive works as an aggregator.

Cheers,
Gijs

1 Like

When setting the “Download a file” Dropbox module to “Map a file path”, and setting that to “1. Path display”, I get the following error: “Missing value of required parameter ‘path’.”

How do I feed the “Download a file” module the path to the files I am trying to compress generated from the “List all files and folders” Dropbox module.

Thank you.

Hi,

let me share some screenshots. I use Path lower (not sure if it makes a difference). This is the way it works for me:

Regards,
Gijs

1 Like

Okay this works thank you. I am able to successfully zip and upload to Google Drive.

The problem I face now is that it compresses each individual file in Dropbox into it’s own zip file when I simply want to compress an entire Dropbox folder into a single zip file.

Thank you.

Hi,

make sure you choose the correct source module:

Cheers,
Gijs

1 Like

I got my scenario up and running now. Thank you so much, you are awesome! :smiley:

2 Likes