Create a sub folder in an existing ShareFile folder

Hi - I’m totally new to Make

I have a workspace in Podio that’s connected to ShareFile. When a client is created in Podio I have an (Podio) automation that creates folders in ShareFile.

Later, each time when the client gives me a new assignment, I want to automate the creation of a sub folder in the clients folder in ShareFile. Podio Automation (with my abilities) can’t do that, but I have heard that Make can do it.

I have spent most of the day trying to do it, but something is missing/not working.

I have made the connections to Podio and ShareFile. Set up the trigger starting with Podio. My trouble is, how do I tell the scenario which folder to make the sub folder in?

I have looked in the forum and found this one, but it does not make sense to me as the solution.

Create GDrive Folder > Get Variable (Folder ID) > Router > Create GDrive Folder (New Location Folder = Folder ID)

Help would be much appreciated - thanks.

Welcome to the Make community!

Looks like ShareFile’s app doesn’t have a “Search Folders” module, so our usual method of Search-Error-Create-Resume won’t work.

I’m sorry, but it looks like this ShareFile app is so underdeveloped and incomplete, it doesn’t even have a generic “Make an API call” module.

You can submit this suggestion to the Idea exchange, under App improvement ideas. Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it!

3 Likes

Hi samliew

Thanks - so to your best knowledge this can’t be done?

Do you have expirience with other cloudservices where it can be done, fx GoogleDrive?

Thanks

Mads

Yes, if you’d click on my link above, I explained how to do it with Google Drive. It can be done with any app that has a module that can search folders.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot.

Maybe I’ll see if Zapire can do the job. Or else I have to change to Google Drive. It seems that more is developed for that.

Best regards and have a nice day.

Mads

No problem, glad I could help!

1. If you have a new question in the future, please start a new thread. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answers to specific questions, and you are more likely to receive help since newer questions are monitored closely.

2. The Make Community guidelines encourages users to try to mark helpful replies as solutions to help keep the Community organized.

This marks the topic as solved, so that:

others can save time when catching up with the latest activity here, and

• allows others to quickly jump to the solution if they come across the same problem

To do this, simply click the checkbox at the bottom of the post that answers your question:
Screenshot_2023-10-04_161049