Creating a table in Google Docs

Hi there,

I noticed on the Microsoft Word Templates documentation page, it gives instructions on how to create a table (i.e. a repeating loop) in Microsoft Word.

However, on the Google Docs documentation page, there are no instructions on how to create a table (i.e. a repeating loop).

Does Google Docs support repeating loops for creating tables? Or would I always need to turn to Microsoft Word to do that?

Thanks,
Scott

It appears that Make doesn’t have a module to create tables easily in Google Docs.

You can submit this suggestion to the Idea exchange, under App improvement ideas. Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it!

A possible workaround is discussed in this forum topic by using the generic Google Docs “Make an API call” module, hope it helps: Creating a table in Google Doc from an Array of information

2 Likes

Hi @ScottWorld

You can use HTML format to make table in the google doc. In the Google Docs support HTML data. So please try with the HTML content in the content section.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

1 Like

Thanks so much, @samliew and @Msquare_Automation, for your great ideas!

You know, I just realized that I can simply download a Google Docs document, and then process it using the Microsoft Word Templates module!

Please see screenshot below. I haven’t tested this yet, but it should work just fine!

4 Likes