Creating Automated Reports Based on Filtered SurveyMonkey Responses

Hello Make.com Community,

We at SEL Japan are facing a specific challenge and we’re optimistic that this experienced community can offer valuable insights. Our aim is to automate the generation of summary reports that are based on filtered SurveyMonkey responses. Specifically, we want to include only the responses that have answered a particular question in a certain way.

What We Are Aiming to Achieve:
Fetch Filtered Responses: Manually initiate the process to retrieve only the survey responses that meet our criteria—those who have answered a specific question in a particular manner.

Aggregate and Process Data: Aggregate these filtered data and calculate the necessary metrics.

Generate Report: Populate a predefined report template with the aggregated and processed data.

Distribute Report: Distribute this tailored report automatically to stakeholders or upload it to a secure location.

Challenges:
Creating a filtration mechanism that isolates the relevant SurveyMonkey responses effectively (Perhaps via their API?).
Automating the steps for report creation and distribution after manual initiation.

Questions:
Has anyone in this community successfully generated reports based on filtered survey responses?
How would you recommend filtering SurveyMonkey responses based on the answer to a specific question?
Are there tools or scripts that are particularly effective for this type of task?

Your advice, insights, and resources would be of immense value to us. If you can share any workflows, scripts, or templates as examples, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for taking the time to read our post. We are eager to hear your suggestions and solutions.

Best regards,
The SEL Japan Team

You might want to break this down further before you can implement the filter. What do you define as “relevant” to the report?

Like in your other question, you’ll need to consider how do you want the report to be generated, in what format, and with which preferred services? Can you provide an example template you want to use?

If the external service has a Developer API Reference/Documentation, then yes, you should be able to integrate the endpoints in Make using the generic HTTP “Make a request” module.

You can also suggest for it to be made in the Idea exchange. Don’t forget to search for it first, in case someone already suggested it!

2 Likes

What I mean by relevant are the responses that are collected from a particular organization or school to create a report for that organization or school.

There is not template I have found that is similar enough to what I want to achieve in order to present you with an example. What I am thinking of doing is making an API call to Survey Monkey through the module to collect the relevant responses. From there I will map the values to other modules.

I am not sure if you are suggesting that I do this outside of the Survey Monkey module (action - Make an API call) with the HTTP (Make a request)

I am looking at different services but right now specifically Microsoft Power BI, Google Data Studio, and Google Sheets