Creating graphics for variable speaker count in Placid.app

Hey everyone,

I have an Airtable for a timetable, and there are Linked Records with speakers assigned to each time slot. We want to create a graphic with images, titles, etc. for each time slot using placid.app. Since each slot has a different number of speakers, there is a separate template for each number of speakers, which I will later separate through a router.

In Placid.app, each speaker has their own field. My problem now is that I can’t insert each individual speaker into the respective fields. For example, Speaker 1 in Field 1 in Placid App, Speaker 2 in Field 2, etc. An Array Aggregator won’t work either. Do you have any ideas?

Hi,

can you share a screenshot of the ‘Placid’ module configuration so we get an idea of the fields that Placid expects?

1 Like

@Loopz Sure. There is for every speaker a field. So I need variables Speaker First Name 1, Speaker First Name 2 and so on.

Hope you can help me! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

what are you iterating on in module 4?

in case you’re iterating on the speakers, then place an array aggregator right after it, aggregating the speakers.
in case you’re not iterating on the speakers, then first add an iterator, after iterator module 4, which iterates on the speakers and place an array aggregator right after it, aggregating the speakers.

Then:

• in module 5, for speaker 1, refer to the array with speakers via the index, for instance array[1].name
  • in module 5, for speaker 2, refer to the array with speakers via the index, for instance array[2].name
  • etc

So the idea is that you get an array with speakers. Then in every speaker field in module 5 you refer to the specific speaker array index.

Let me know if this works or if I missed something

2 Likes

Thanks @Loopz!

How can I refer to the array with speakers via the index? Like this?

exactly. Make sure to increase the index for every subsequent speaker

2 Likes

Sorry for my dumb question. But do I still need to select a target structure type in the array aggregator? Because placid.app is not showing up and currently three pictures are still being created. Do you need the blueprint otherwise?

It’s not a dumb question.

Target structure ‘Custom’ should do. Then make sure to check the desired output fields or check ‘Select All’

2 Likes

This works good! Thank you very much @Loopz

1 Like