Download Attachment from RingCentral

I’m currently doing a proof of concept so we can move from Zapier to Make.com. I’m trying to work with attachments. The first thing I am trying to do is download MMS attachments from RingCentral to an Airtable base. Based on what I can find I am trying to use the Http get file module, but I get a 401: Authorized Header not defined error.

I am sure it is something simple but I can not find a solution.

Hi John, welcome to the make community

can you please show us the input and output of the ring central and http module? thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Make community!

Looks like you’ve not provided the “Authorized” header in your HTTP module, and as authorisation is required to access the file, the HTTP request fails.

Could you follow the documentation provided by RingCentral to establish a validated connection to their API?

If you need further assistance, please provide a link to the RingCentral API documentation, as well as screenshots of your HTTP module.

Looks like the RingCentral app also doesn’t have a dedicated module to download attachments. I’m sure you and others would agree that this is a nice feature to have, so that you won’t have to use the HTTP app.

You can submit this suggestion to the Idea exchange, under App improvement ideas.

Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it, so that you don’t end up creating a duplicate.
Screenshot_2024-01-17_130153

2 Likes