Edit The Webhook in the Trigger is not possible. But Why )?

This could be a very basic and maybe dumb question, but I don’t know the reason or reasons the Edit is always disabled. Any insights on why and how does it work?

When asking your question, please include:

:footprints: The steps you have taken
:camera_flash: Relevant screenshots
:link: Any links you have
[ Code { "and": "JSON", "in" : "code block"} ]
:x: Exclude Personal Information.

1 Like

Hi @Vasken,

It is due to either,

• The Pandadoc doesn’t have API functionality that allows Make to update the Webhooks, Hence the Edit Option being disabled, which is likely the case.

• When developing the app in Make, While setting up the Webhook Module, it allows us to specify two different actions after the Webhook is created, Update and Delete webhooks, So, If it is not available to do either, the Edit option will be disabled in Make

Reviewing the PandaDoc API document, Update Webhook action is available, so the issue is on Make end, and something only Make team can do to enable the Edit Webhook Feature.

You can always create a new one, as a workaround for this :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Runcorn :raised_hands:

“While setting up the Webhook Module, it allows us to specify two different actions after the Webhook is created, Update and Delete webhooks”

Can’t see this, may you elaborate more?

And Creating a new one is painful as all the mapping will be broken and I’ll have to redo all.

Even if I don’t need to edit, but just view to remember what and how was the trigger set, can’t do that :neutral_face:

What’s the best advice/alternative of at least viewing the trigger settings?

(Keeping a screenshot before saving :blush: ?)

The same goes here :cry: Can’t edit or view the SmartSuite trigger settings

Well, none actually, unless the app that you are integrating has a dashboard to access the webhooks setup. For now, Maybe using the name to be more informative when setting the Webhooks is the only way to do it.

I haven’t tried Make App, But, Maybe it might have data of what has been set, What you can do though for Pandadoc is utilize Make an API call module and do List Webhooks Subscription, it should return all the settings for a particular Webhooks,

2 Likes