Export Posts from Wordpress

Hello,

I was trying to setup a scenario to export posts and some custom fields in this posts. Therefore I installed wordpress plugin integromat connector and set up a connection with the API-Key of the plugin and the wordpress site (https.//domain.com/wp-json).
I checkmarked the Custom API fields I want to export from wordpress.
And because its about a custom post type, calles “sprecher”, I added this code in the functions.php:

register_post_type( 'sprecher ',
array(
‘show_in_rest’ => true
)
);

I was only searching for public posts in this “sprecher”-post-type, but when I run the module, the search is empty, although there are several public posts.

How can I fix the problem?

Howdy @Swantje_Gebauer Welcome to the :make: Make Community!

:question: module configuration on scenario run screenshot.

Can you share a screenshot of the wordpress module configured for the sprecher customer post type for me?

I have duplicated on one of my sites, with no errors.

wordpress integration is a little touchy sometimes.

:question: do you have any sitebuilder plugins or Advanced Custom fields installed?

Also if you can think of any other plugins that likely bloat the database, list here.

heres my functions.php full section, is the post set to public = true?

a left comments on each variable to indicate odds of mattering.

function sportsbetting_setup_post_type() {
	$args = array(
		'public'    => true, /* probably matters */
		'label'     => __( 'Sports Betting', 'textdomain' ), /*might matter*/
		'menu_icon' => 'dashicons-calendar-alt', /* doesnt matter */
		'supports' => array('author', 'date'), /*might matter probably not*/
		'show_in_rest' => true, /* important */
		'exclude_from_search' => true, /*would not matter */
		'publicly_queryable'  => false, /* Would Not matter */
	);
	register_post_type( 'sportsbetting', $args );
}
add_action( 'init', 'sportsbetting_setup_post_type' );

:question: where/how/plugin?

How Did you create the Custom Post Type in the first place. there are several things that need to match up that a typo can cause it all not to work.

1 Like

I was changing the code in the functions.php, but the custom post types were in a separate php of one plugin I use… So I changed some things there. When I put in the ‘supports’-row of code, the website breaks down… So I just put in the ‘show_in_rest’-code.

Anyway: Now I can now see that ALL information is taken BUT I can only export some of it. In the next module (airtable) not all fields are shown …
I checked all relevant fields in the Connector, but I can not see them in the scenario ??! For example the speaker-bio…

Any Idea?

some of these items could break a live site.

This is for a non-queriable CPT that tracks professional bets,
and doesn’t (to the user) treat each one as a separate post.
But as items that populate a page.

Question before we continue

Is this for a one time data transfer,
(such as say a partial site migration when you want to spinoff a section of a site as its own entity)
or is this for a recurring automation?

:information_source:

sometimes you need to save the scenario, and reload it, before redetermining data structure, for it to be picked up by other modules. when source data structure changes.

@Swantje_Gebauer

Had one more thought, I just reviewed my own tickets with the make support team.
I have had issues in the past where nesting CPTs as child menu objects (in a submenu)

E.G. This Does Not Work or works poorly.

Broke the make integration.

Thanks, but I have no childtheme working. I just gave it up…