Externally trigger "run once" without having to Log into make.com

Hi Fam!

I have this beautiful scenario here with starts with a Watch New Rows (GSheets) trigger:

Used to generate pdfs for input we’re getting into Google Sheets (Shout out to CraftMyPdf)

Currently, the way we use it is to hit “Run once” every morning to generate the pdf after checking the data in google sheets.

Is there a way to generate a hyperlink or something that triggers the “run once” button without having to log into Make.com and manually ask it to?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Certainly - that’s what Webhooks are for!

All you need is to use a custom webhook module, and create a desktop shortcut with the URL pointing to the webhook URL! See a screenshot here Desktop with buttons to run scenarios? - #3 by samliew

3 Likes

If replace your Google Sheets trigger module with a Webhooks module you may have some remapping to do. But, this will give you the ability to fire your Scenario just by visiting a URL. If you’re on the Free plan, this is probably the only option available.

Another option you may have on the Free plan is using the iOS or Android modules.
These can be configured to do things like fire a Scenario when you tap a button in the app on your phone. You don’t have to log in to the website to click Run Once so it’s more convenient to use, but takes a little bit of work up front to set it up for the first time.

If you happen to be on a paid plan, you have more options.

One of the easiest is probably making a new Scenario with two modules.
Trigger would still be a Webhook (or even a Mailhook) and the second module is a Make Run a Scenario.
Using this method, you wouldn’t have to do any remapping in your original Scenario.
With a mailhook, you can send an email to a special address given to you by Make.
That will in turn start a Scenario like a Webhook would.

2 Likes

Thanks Sam!

I tried that, however if the webhook is the trigger, I can’t use the “search for new rows” google sheets module, since that’s it’s own trigger

Unless there’s a different way of doing it?

You can create a new scenario to run another scenario using a Make module.

Screenshot_2023-09-01_130910

3 Likes