Extremely slow scenarios

Hey everyone, I am currently creating a scenario that would connect Google Sheets to Airtable to check updated status of subjects. I was testing a scenario using Google Sheets with only two (2) subjects, but the current situation is that it takes a while to know if the processes I initiated are working.

Any ideas please?

Screenshot_2024-04-17_100453

This is because the module is an INSTANT (Webhook) trigger, and not a POLLING trigger.

There are two main types of triggers, Polling (scheduled), and Instant (webhooks). Polling triggers can only run on a schedule. Instant triggers can be run as soon as data is received by the webhook.

Polling means Make checks external service for changes (pull changes to Make).
Webhook (instant) triggers means external service calls Make when there are new changes (push changes to Make).

The module you are using uses a webhook, which means that if you run the scenario MANUALLY, you also need to send new data to it, by making the changes on the external service.

To find out more on the different types of Trigger modules, see refer to Types of Modules and Webhooks sections of the Make help center.

3 Likes