Facebook Ads Monthly Report in Google Sheets

Hi, I want to create a Google Sheets that updates data so I can get an overview of monthly stats for this year. I want a row for every month from January to December.

I can use the Facebook Insights Module, to get all data from This Year in a monthly increment, and I can easily add that into a Google Sheet. However, I don’t want to add new rows every time this module runs, I want to replace and update each row.

I could potentially make 12 Facebook Insight Modules and 12 Update a Row Modules and connect those, one for each month, but I suspect there is an easier way.

Since all the data for all months is possible to get in 1 Facebook Insights Module, can I somehow map those outputs to each google sheet row?

I can see all the data in the output from the Facebook Insights Module, but I can’t figure out how to map that data to specific google sheet rows.

Welcome to the Make community!

Every result (item/record) from a search module will output a bundle. To “combine” them into a single structure, you’ll need to use an aggregator of some sort.

Aggregators are modules that accumulate multiple bundles into one single bundle. An example of a commonly-used aggregator module is the Array aggregator module.

Can you share more about how your Google Sheets is structured? Can you provide a readonly link?

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. Here’s the template for the Google sheet: Test Make.com - Google Sheets

Don’t mind the numbers for now. The goal is that I can link this sheet to a Looker Studio Dashboard.

This is also a test for me to learn Make.

My end-goal is to make a looker studio dashboard for clients, through google sheets and make.com. I know there are 3rd-party tools for this, but I would like to try this first.

The first goal would be to have an overview with metrics like spend, conversions, clicks etc. in a google sheet on a monthly basis.

I already managed to have a simple workflow and have the FB Insights Module insert the data for each month into the spreadsheet, however, I don’t want to add new rows every time the module runs.

@samliew I figured this out using the array aggregator and order by bundle position (month).

Thanks!

The next step is to get an overview for each campaign, but it seems like that is only possible one campaign at a time.

Hi @JesseH welcome to the community :wave:

I just want to quickly step in and say congrats on getting this up and running with the assistance of @samliew :clap:

Thanks a lot for keeping the community in mind and for circling back here and sharing your final setup with the rest of us. This is super valuable and could be incredibly helpful to others searching for similar info in the future :pray:

1 Like