File Attachments from Freshdesk to Monday

Problem

• We’re looking to create an automation wherein Freshdesk tickets (generated from emails) with file attachments will be updated in Monday. We’ve been trying to add the files as an Update, but we’re open to have it added under the Files column as well.

A separate automation creates the Freshdesk ticket in Monday, so we’ll just need to send the file attachments to Monday through this automation.

Edit here: changed it for ease of testing:

Issues encountered so far:

1. HTTP process only one attachment. I have two attachments, one image and another is an Excel file. The number of attachments will vary depending on each ticket, so this has to be flexible.
  2. On the last module, I encounter this error:

Welcome to the Make community!

What does {{5.attachments}} array contain? Could you provide the output bundle for module [5]?

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of the module, save the contents as a text file, and upload it here into this discussion thread:

Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @samliew!

I simplified the process for now so it’s easier to understand/direct to the point. I also added issues I encountered in the update.

Looks like you’re sending a link, not the data portion of the file, hence the error.

How are you mapping the module [25] to [26]?

Please share screenshots of the module fields for [25] and [26] in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

Please provide the input/output bundles of the modules [25] by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the contents as a bundle.json file, and upload it here into this discussion thread:

Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

@samliew here are the module fields for [25] and [26]

In this photo, I changed it to the HTTP - Get a file instead of mapping it, because mapping the data resulted to a 500 error still. Actually this also ended up with a 500 error as well.

I also uploaded the budle.json here. Thank you so much for your patience!
bundle.json (2.5 KB)

From what I can see in the output bundle of HTTP Get a file module, the data received is in the correct format since it’s a file buffer.

This might actually be a bug in the Monday module, so I will recommend contacting support to investigate the app’s integration on their end.

Hope you can share the resolution with us if you manage to solve this problem!

1 Like

On further investigation, this might actually be an issue on Monday.com’s end, since I was able to reproduce the issue, and got this HTML in the error response from Monday.com:

Previewing it in a code editor shows us this page, so it’s a Monday.com issue.