Get Data from Google Sheets using webhook scenario

Can someone please guide me on how to get data from Google Sheets file through webhooks or any other manner but via make?

@Thyke_AI that is pretty straightforward, I’d be happy to help. Several questions for you:

1. When do you want the webhook to run?
  2. Or what do you want to cause the webhook to run?
  3. What do you want to happen with the data once it has been received?

I will check back soon if you are able to respond, otherwise, another person will follow up with an answer I’m sure.

1 Like

@Nathan_Kind I wish to use voiceflow via webhooks in a scenario like say a guest in a hotel forgot his door passcode. Then I can search for my room number and get my passcode from google sheets. So I wish to receive the passcode and display it to the user.

What does voiceflow do in this scenario? Is it initiated by you or the guest?

2 Likes

@samliew So the guest can choose from a range of buttons options in the voiceflow chat. So suppose an individual has forgotten their door code. THey can simply enter their room number to the chat and the bot can search Gsheets to return the passcode corresponding to the room number.

Hi @Thyke_AI

You can trigger the webhook when the guest select a question, i.e when a button is clicked. After that you can check if the question is forgot passcode. When it gets triggered get the passcode by searching in google sheet and return the passcode

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

2 Likes

From a security perspective, wouldn’t this be unsafe, because anyone can enter any room number and get the respective room’s passcode without verification?

2 Likes