Get whole output JSON bundle

Hi,

I am trying to get whole output bundle from any module. Basically I need to get JSON of whole output bundle whenever there are data.
For example, module gives me this JSON ouput:

[
    {
        "id": 1,
        "isoCode": "AF",
        "boostId": "Country01",
        "remotes": [],
        "name": "Afghanistan",
        "subdivisions": [
            {
                "id": 1,
                "countryId": 1,
                "isoCode": "AF-BDS",
                "name": "Badakhshān",
                "type": "province",
                "boostId": "Subdivision01",
                "remotes": []
            },
            {
                "id": 2,
                "countryId": 1,
                "isoCode": "AF-BGL",
                "name": "Baghlan",
                "type": "province",
                "boostId": "Subdivision02",
                "remotes": []
            }
    }
]

And I can see it lake this:

But I dont want to map values of those fields anywhere, I need to extract whole JSON like this in the example a send it somewhere else.

First solution what was on my mind was to agregate it to the array and then transform to JSON. It is working but from whole bundles is 1 array, understandably. I need one JSON for every bundle.

And also some of the tools does not showing fields whenever they are empty. I’m not 100% sure, but I think I’ve seen it somewhere.

Does someone deal with such a situation? Is it doable to export whole JSON for ouput bundle?

Thank you!!:slight_smile:

Welcome to the Make community!

For us to be able to effectively assist you, can you please explain why do you need the JSON output, and what is the use-case?

Could you share your entire scenario and explain where the data is coming from (i.e.: webhook?), and what you are going to use the JSON for?

Once we know this perhaps we can find a way to do it together.

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

2. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, Output bundles

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading it here will look like this:

bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted output bundle in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

There is no exact scenario for it. That is something what I have to create.:slight_smile:

I need the extract JSON output to see keys and values of fields from ouput bundle. This JSON I need then send to our AI tool where to whole JSON will be proceed.

But it should be done like general. Because if I have APP1 its JSON output is JSON1, whenever i have APP2 there is JSON2 ouput. I need general solution how to obtain output in JSON format without creating any structure for it.

If you need the JSON as a text file you’ll need to most likely use the Text Aggregator to “write out” the JSON format from your output bundles. Make automatically takes JSON and converts them to bundles to be used in the scenario so the JSON is just temporarily available for Make but it doesn’t provide you a way to take that JSON and download it. The Text Aggregator creates a text string from the output bundles of ANY module.

Alternatively the Create JSON in the JSON app will do this as well but it does need a data structure to work with so you’ll need to make one for each of the underlying JSON structures you’re working with, which is not as generic as you’d like.

I put together a sample for you to look at. You’ll need to generate the sample data strucure on the first Parse JSON module to make this work, but it does use the data structure to create the JSON, so it is not as generic as you’d like.

blueprint (13).json (14.8 KB)

2 Likes

When the body is the entire bundle, you can’t transform it to JSON, which is standard for most modules.
However, if you’re using the Make an API Call module, the bundles are returned in a “body” object, which you can transform to JSON and send elsewhere via HTTP post.
Likewise, if you use a generic http module, you can get the information back in the body and transform that (or de-select parse response so you get the raw json already)

3 Likes

Thank you, I got you.

I know this solution. But it does not solve my problem.
We have Make OEM and we are trying to create this for any app. So we can not create data structure for every app/output.
I need general solution how to obtain raw ouput from the module. This raw output from any app i will send out from Make to our app and there based on AI will be done the mapping,functions and data synchronization to our centralized database.

So thats why i need the raw and those scenarios starts with webhooks or polling triggers modules. So I also can not use HTTPs or custom api calls modules.

Thanks for your reply, Michael,
please check what I wrote below. This is not solving my issue…

Currently this is not possible universally for all modules like you describe.

That’s a great idea! I’m sure others would agree that this is a nice feature to have.

You can submit this suggestion to the Idea exchange, under Platform ideas and improvements.

Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it, so that you don’t end up creating a duplicate.
Screenshot_2024-01-17_130153

2 Likes