Google Calendar send notification about the event not sending to all guests

Hello,

I created an automation that should create a Google Calendar event and send an email via Gmail.

In the Google Calendar module, there is an option to send notifications about the event creation. I can specify who is going to get the notification. I set the notification to all guests, but the organizer does not get the notification, only the guest get’s the notification.

Does anyone know a solution?

blueprint Google Calendar.json (19.1 KB)

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Luuk

Hi @Blockje

I’ve noticed that in the notification settings, you’ve selected “To all Guests.” Therefore, I suggest utilizing the update module after creating an event and correctly mapping the organizer.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I do not seem to get it working, am I missing something?

This is the error message I get when I want to send an update notification to the organizer:

This is what I filled in

And the strange part is, the organizer, is set to the correct organizer in the create module. But still no invitation.

I did test the reminder functionality, and I do get reminders on the organizer mail address.

Hi @Blockje

This error might occur because there is an attempt to map a parameter that does not exist in the field. It will only accept existing parameters, so please try again after adding the organizer.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

1 Like