Google Form adds rows to Sheet - how to be notified with each new row?

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get some SMS notifications every time someone fills a google form that I created. This Google Form automatically saves the information into a new row.

So far, I have tried using the Google Watch Changes without any success:

I copied the webhook and used the Addon to add that information to the google sheets

Am I doing something wrong?

Yes for sure. No need for the manual webhook. The module should do it. Show a run to see what output bundles are being sent. ( the little bubbles)

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply.

I am using the Watch Rows instant, so I still need that hook.

Can you take a camera-viewfinder-duotone screenshot of your make scenario for me, along with the relevant module configurations and share-all-duotoneshare the images here?

Ok, here it goes

I need a instant scenario, so that once a request is done, I get a notification.

Using the Google Sheets, Instant Acid option

Which requests me to use a webhook and I used in the google sheet

And then the final step is sending me a message

No changes in these settings as well

Now, if I go to Google Forms and add a request, a row is added, but nothing happens.

Thanks for your time and help with this.

It seems that when the row is filled by google form or other tool then the addon doesn’t call the webhook. It works great when you manually fill in the row.

Anyway at this moment I would recommend you using Watch rows module with 1 minute interval and set reasonable amount of bundles to be processed, then use Text aggregator and then send it via notification (also you don’t need text aggregator, but in case of more rows in a minute, you will get few notification instead of one).

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks. I ended up by doing this

Where each day, at a certain time, it checks for new replies and send me a notification. Isn’t perfect, but it kind of works.

1 Like