Google Forms -- can't see answers in next sections

Dear community,

Background: I’ve created a Google Forms where the questions are broken into sections. They are just logical groupings, so each page is not too long. Now I want to add a record to Airtable when a new form is submitted.

Problem: In Make, I managed to add the Google Forms app and Airtable app. Now I want to map answers from Google Forms to the fields in Airtable base (table). I can see the answers from the first section of the Google Forms, but not the subsequent sections.

I’m a newbie with Make. Apologies if I’m missing something obvious, but I’ve tried searching the internet and this community, and couldn’t find any answer.

Can you share with me what the output looks like? I set up a Google Form with multiple sections and I am getting the correct results it when using Watch Response Module.

1 Like

Hi @Runcorn
Here is my Google Forms: https://forms.gle/wC6A2AKWFuAbodhd8
When I try to upload the data to Airtable, I can only see limited answers.

Hi @dregar,

I think it is meant to work like that, thus not showing multiple answers and I believe each question type is displayed as a single mapping, or it is mapped based on the initial mapping that you get when using the Watch Response module.

Not sure if it helps, but what you can do is,

1. Remove the Watch Module and Add again, Run it through a form with all questions and answers submitted and see if they are part of the Mapping fields. I can’t say with certainty if this will work though.
  2. You need to utilize get and map function to pickup the relevant questions and answers, here, the questionID is fixed so, you need to utilize those functions to fetch the data through array and collection functions.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions about this.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions – I will try them. For the community’s information, I am using this workaround:

1. Generate Google Sheets from Google Forms
  2. Use Make to integrate Google Sheets with Airtable

Make seems to work better with Google Sheets.

1 Like