Google Form Question Not Showing - Help With Matching Nested Task Metadata

I am trying to get questions and answers for a Google Form into one mapped string I can then feed into Chat GPT for analysis. Unfortunately, there is no Google Forms module that contains BOTH question and answer data. So to get them both in one string, I have to pull the data from two modules, and map the question text in one module to the questionID that lives with the answers.

My biggest issue in doing that is that the module containing the answers gives them as a collection and nothing is linked within the collection. No matter what I do - aggregate, iterate, or turn it into an array, I cannot pull the values into another module. I have not experienced this with other Google integrations.

Attached photos of where I am stuck. I know that I need to iterate the answers, and the questions, and the use a filter to match them by questionID, but the filter won’t work since I can’t get the answer data formatted or pulled correctly into the filter. I think get / map would work best but not sure where to apply it or how.

Welcome to the Make community!

Please provide the output bundles of the modules [169] and [163] by running the scenario (or get from the scenario History tab), then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download input/output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save each bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading them here will look like this:

module-1-output-bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted bundles in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the input/output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

1 Like

163.txt (4.9 KB)
169.txt (20.4 KB)
Here they are!

Sorry I forgot to tag you in my reply!

Welcome to the Make community!

Yes, that is possible. You’ll need a minimum of two modules:

1. Iterate Question Items

Screenshot_2024-05-07_100513

2a. Filter questions only

Screenshot_2024-05-07_100523

2b. Aggregate Q&A

Screenshot_2024-05-07_100516

Output

Give it a go and let us know if you have any issues!

samliew – request private consultation

Join the Make unofficial Discord server!

2 Likes

Thank you SO MUCH! That worked. I looked through threads on Google Forms and saw many people with the same issue, but no clear answer. That did it!

2 Likes

No problem, glad I could help, and thank you for providing the output bundles exactly as I requested.

1. If you have a new question in the future, please start a new thread. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answers to specific questions, and you are more likely to receive help since newer questions are monitored closely.

2. The Make Community guidelines encourages users to try to mark helpful replies as solutions to help keep the Community organized.

This marks the topic as solved, so that:

• others can save time when catching up with the latest activity here, and
  • allows others to quickly jump to the solution if they come across the same problem

To do this, simply click the checkbox at the bottom of the post that answers your question:
Screenshot_2023-10-04_161049

3. Don’t forget to like and bookmark this topic so you can get back to it easily in future!

samliew – request private consultation

Join the Make unofficial Discord server!

1 Like