Google Forms, Set new value for each checkbox entry and create Contract

I am trying to do the following:

1. Watch Response of Google Form
  2. Grab all answers and set new variables
  • For the multi select answer, I want a new string for each value selected.
    For example:
    If I select 1 => “Option 1”
    If I select 1 & 2 => “Option 1 (Line Break) Option 2”
    If I select all 5 => “Option 1 (Break) Option 2 (Break) Option 3 (Break) etc.”
    Then Create a new Document on Pandadoc that has all these options in the contract. But only the ones that are selected.

I tried it with normal if statements, but apparently it always gives me all values, even though I only selected 3 out of 5.

Google forms variable:

Discord output:

I hope it is understandable

Hi @DNP ,

Welcome to the Make community!

The map() function is used to extract the text-based answers and convert them to an array. You can then query that array, or join() it into text. To just show the text of the Services that have been selected, each on a new line, you could use this:

If you want to add custom wording, depending on the option selected, then this would do that:

Let us know how you get on!

2 Likes

I will try that. But already. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

I tried it and it works amazing! The only thing that i noticed was that the newline existed regardless so it wasnt

1 (break)
3 (break)

it was

break
break
break
break

but it should be

Hi @DNP ,

I stretched out the window so that it was easier for you to see what the functions were doing, so it may have looked like I had each function on a new line. But yes, you want to make sure you don’t insert any extra breaks in the formula. So it would look like this:

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your fast help!

1 Like